Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hello Milos


WOW

What a day--We had our meeting with the Ministry of Adoption today at 11-- It was an hour long grilling (ok maybe not quite grilling) They were unhappy that our home study did not include more detail about our grown kids or how many hours each of us worked--I'm confident the home study covered everything usual and customary and they finally  agreed (as long as we are willing to do post placement reports-- Sure we are!)

after the meeting we headed right over to the orphanage-- we gathered in a small room (we=Me, Mary a 3 social workers, doctor, psychologists total of about 10 people in this tiny space-- They then brought poor little Milos in the room--when he was getting ready to settle down for his nap. He came right in and game me a hug--then whacked me in the face. He was so anxious and scared-- all the people--PLUS he stayed  home from school, missing his nap and performing for this massive team of folks.


As the people started to drift away and it was just us he did much better. But he was sooo tired.

 We head back there at 9 tomorrow and leave at 11--so he will eat and get his nap. We come back after nap-time til about 5.

My dunderhead moment of the day--- having eater NOTHING sinc east night we were at the butcher shop around 5pm-- Gonna pick up some ham and cheese for dinner and for breakfast omelettes


OOPS-- A normal serving is 100 grams-- I was really hungry so I thought I would double it---Except that I got 2 KG rather than 200 grams.. so what does one do with 4.4 lbs of ham?? argh

oh well-- I better go eat some more ham before it spoils-- more pics from today below---



2 comments:

  1. Jon LOVES ham. I'm sure he would be willing to take some off your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Stolz Family !!!
    Milos is so awesome we just loved him when we were there. Love all the new pictures of Milos .
    Enjoy your stay and say hi to Valdo and Svetlana..

    ReplyDelete