Friday, December 18, 2009

Crazy Running Day Today

Milos was up early to start his day and thanks to Mary for letting me sleep in til 8:30 as I'm going to have a very hectic day.

So if you want fun Milos Stories--- skip to Mary's entry--If you are thinking of adopting in Serbia (or just want to mock my writing for radio writing style), read on to see the process...


We applied for Milos' passport on Wednesday. Since they have made the move to biometric passports (to allow for Serbian Citizens to travel without visas in the Eurozone) it takes 2 days to get passports back (Hey Uncle Sam--- if they can do it here how come you can't).

Passport lines were crazy since everyone who wants to travel to Western Europe on the visa waiver program must have a new document. A LOT of holiday travelers in line-- thankfully they let us bypass the line!

Okay back to today:

His Serbian state guardian had to pick up the passport after noon. Mary and Milos stayed home in the warmth and I headed out to meet her at Slavia Square (which is really a circle (but that's for another day). Trams are still a mess so I need to get a taxi-- I only have 15 minutes to get there. (oh-- the taxi strike ended last night at 8pm-- they will wait until March to implement the new tax and that got everything up and running!

Milos Passport? CHECK!

A quick stop at McDonalds to warm up then out to catch a tram to the orphanage (in all the hurry of getting out of there yesterday Mary forgot her passport at the guard shack). It seemed odd making the trip without Mary and without seeing Milos at the end of the tram ride. After a brief stop to play with the mutant pack of dogs that live near the orphanage it is done!

Mary's Passport? CHECK!

Now I just need his medical report. I sort of remember how to get to the place for the Visa Physical--sort of.

I take a tram to Slavia and plan to hop a cab (thanks Jasimna for texting me the address) For some reason the cabbie refused to take me there-- I do not speak Serbian but I'm pretty sure he was not saying nice things as he motioned for me to get out of his cab--- Fine, I'll walk.

40 minutes later I FOUND IT! YAY!! (a muted, frozen sort of YAY!)

Med check for visa? CHECK!

We now have everything we need for our visa appointment on Monday. Whew!

I walked about halfway back to the apartment but was really getting cold so I jumped on a tram (I could not get on by the doc as they had trams re-routed for a track problem)

HOME!

Everything done in about 4 hours!!

It's great to see Mary and Milos- Milos is eating and not really happy about it-- He likes sweets-- he is having chicken soup and mashed potatoes. He finally realizes that its that or nothing and dives in--

A bit of TV (He Loves Disney Channel-- yay (not really))

PJs

Pudding with melatonin

Nighty night Milos!

Bacon and eggs for dinner for us (they have the BEST bacon ever in Serbia--same pork belly as in the US, but not slimy like American Bacon-- I now want to smoke my own bacon when we get home!!)

Nighty night us!

No comments:

Post a Comment