Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Appointment Date

They are ready for us to come get Milos on December 3rd--WOW THAT'S NEXT WEEK


Our only problem is we do not have our paperwork for him to come into the US yet (I-171H).

I am going to USCIS this morning to check on our status (I REALLY do love the infopass system). Hopefully they can give me an idea when we will have everything. The process in country is normally 3 weeks, but they have been rushing people in and out because of H1N1. We could possibly only be in country for a week to 10 days.

So our dilemma: do we keep our appointment on 12/3 and have the I-171H FedExed to us when it is completed, copied certified and appostilled, or do we wait and not travel until everything is in hand.

If we go we could get stuck with no US paperwork for who knows how long--
If we wait we will lose our appointment date and probably be gone over Christmas-- or worse not go until February (since Orthodox countries pretty much close down for most of January)


We need to get Milos home... We will make a decision after my USCIS meeting at 8:45am today



Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment